CLALS brings together a diverse group of graduate students with research interests in Latin America and the US and a wide variety of disciplinary affiliations. Graduate students from across the university are welcome to participate in and apply for support from CLALS. Specific resources include a weekly listserv of events and funding opportunities, an annual CLALS sponsored summer field research grant and a certificate program. To sign-up for the CLALS listserv or newlsetter, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Van Pelt Library - Latin American Collection
- Penn Global Research and Internship Program
- Provost's Graduate Academic Engagement Fellowship at Netter Center (click to download application instructions)
Our graduate students have also had great success with external funding from the following institutions and agencies:
- The Boren Institute
- The Grassroots Development Fellowship from The Inter-American Foundation
- SSRC International Dissertation Research Fellowship
- Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad
- Smithsonian Institute Latino Studies Fellowship Program
Be sure to check out these additional resource pages on our website for additional funding, career, and internship opportunities!