CLALS brings together a diverse group of graduate students with research interests in Latin America and the US and a wide variety of disciplinary affiliations. Graduate students from across the university are welcome to participate in and apply for support from CLALS. Specific resources include a weekly listserv of events and funding opportunities, an annual CLALS sponsored summer field research grant and a certificate program. To sign-up for the CLALS listserv or newlsetter, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check out the following resources:
- Van Pelt Library - Latin American Collection
- Penn Global Research and Internship Program
- Provost's Graduate Academic Engagement Fellowship at Netter Center (click to download application instructions)
Our graduate students have also had great success with external funding from the following institutions and agencies:
- The Boren Institute
- The Grassroots Development Fellowship from The Inter-American Foundation
- SSRC International Dissertation Research Fellowship
- Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad
- Smithsonian Institute Latino Studies Fellowship Program
Be sure to check out these additional resource pages on our website for additional funding, career, and internship opportunities!
Resources including career and internship opportunities
Resources including postdoctoral positions, fellowships, CLALS grants, and more.